A PPF Fellowship is a life changing opportunity for young people to experience work in another country while using their skills and knowledge to train local tradespeople. It is offered once a year to an Australian team under the age of 27, of plumber and media expert – a qualified film maker / social media expert / journalist. The plumber will work alongside the Nepali plumbers and the media expert will record and document the works, along with explanations of the various plumbing techniques.
The PPF team from Australia will:
- share skills and knowledge through real work on a real project
- learn about conditions in poor villages, and what can be done to help raise standards
- develop their own skills and knowledge base through working as a team with Nepalese people
- experience another culture in a very spectacular country
- develop friendships and ongoing relationships with the Nepali team
- be under the age of 27
Application and Selection
The PPF FELLOWSHIP 2020 will be open for application in the second half of 2019. The PPF team will work in Nepal for one month in early 2020 on a village project in the upper Kathmandu valley.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed before final selection.
The PPF team candidates will:
- work as a team and identify needs and requirements for hands-on plumbing installation
- inform design and planning work from a plumbing perspective
- document the work to develop a training package – a visually based learning resource for local plumbers, villagers, health personnel
- have previous experience in working with different cultural groups
- be available to work for one month in Nepal
After the selection and interview processes for the PPF team, the PPF will provide:
- return airfares to Nepal
- local accommodation and meals
- a daily allowance and local transport costs
- support by a local coordinator in Nepal
- tools and equipment